Wednesday 2 February 2011

Update Time!

I'm free of exams and back to a regular lecture schedule.  So here whats been happening during the last few weeks.


Playing Dead Space 2
I loved the first Dead Space, creepy horror combined with some excellent gunplay made it one of the few games I wish I had played when it came out, as opposed to long after its release.  Number 2 is more of the same with some tidier gameplay, but loses the story cohesion.

Watching Pacific
Got to love a 10 part, mega budget, mini series.  Feels much like Band of Brothers did, with a greater emphasis on a few characters as opposed to a large cast.

Learning at the University
Back to uni with two group projects that threaten to consume all my time.  One where we have to construct a prototype of a game of our own design.  The other a group business project which doesn't look too time consuming, certainly compared to the game design unit.  As a plus one of my units (Game Genre, something, something ..) asks for game critique as part of its coursework, so expect to see some more reviews provided time and sanity permit.

Thinking about Personal Projects
I've been ruminating on what sort of project to do in my (limited) free time.  Demos seem to go down well in the industry so time to get cracking on making something, but what to do?  Something crazy new or old school knock off.  Also what to build it out of, OpenGL, DirectX or something else entirely.  I'll update the blog once I've gotten a good handle on what I'm planning to do.

Reading Funeral in Berlin
Begun reading Len Deightons "Funeral In Berlin".  Cold war spies in Berlin, sounds awesome, turns out it is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment